Cyprus EU Citizenship
Cyprus Citizenship - European Citizenship
“Scheme for Naturalization of Investors in Cyprus by exception”
Criteria for granting the Cypriot citizenship by exception:
- Fast track procedure: Approval will be issued within approximately 3 months.
- A € 2 million (plus vat if any) - Investment in a single Residence. A single property to be used as a residence at a minimum value of € 2 million. The residence must be retained by the investors for a period of 3 years. After 3 years the Investor has the right to sell his/her property and buy another one at a minimum value of €500,000.
- A €2 million (plus Vat if any) Investment in a selection of Residential Properties, out of which one property is to be used as a privately-owned permanent residence of a minimum value of €500,000. The remaining € 1.5 million can be invested in a range of residential properties only, which may be resold after 3 years.
- It is noted that members of the same family, who apply separately as investors, can collectively acquire a residence, provided that the total value of this home-property covers the amount of €500.000, per each applicant.
- In case that the purchase value of the permanent privately owned residence in Cyprus exceeds the amount of €500.000,part of this additional amount can be used for purposes of supplementing the total amount of the investment made in the basis of the criteria of Part A above.
- The applicant, prior to his/her naturalization as a Cypriot citizen must hold a residence permit in Cyprus.If the applicant does not already hold a residence permit, he/she may apply for an immigration permit on the basis of Regulation 6(2) of the Aliens and Immigration Law, simultaneously with the application for naturalization.
- Any property/ ies purchased during the past 3 years, can also be included in the required investment amount.
- The program applies to the immediate family of the applicant i.e the spouse and dependent children up to the age of 28 if full time university students.
- Applicants must hold a clear criminal record from the country of origin and the country of residence (if different).
- No requirement to physically reside in Cyprus, before/ after approval.
- Please feel free to contact us for any additional information or clarifications.